Monday, September 27, 2010

Reactions

When I gave notice to my manager about leaving my job, she said they were really going to miss me and asked if I would consider just taking a leave of absence or working part-time. They were willing to consider any schedule proposal if I was willing to stay. It was very flattering and tempting to take them up on the generous offer.

When we told the boys I was quitting, there was screaming, wailing, gnashing of teeth and cries that this move will destroy our family. According to them, an announcement that we were having another baby would be more welcome than me leaving my job (and that is saying something considering the reaction when I was pregnant with Pax). I felt so loved, needed and wanted.

I am choosing to look at this as further proof that we are doing the right thing :).

1 comment:

  1. At your next family "meeting" just tell them you are having another baby to soften the blow of you staying home! I think only boys would be sad about their mom staying home. So funny! Also you should for sure come to our playdates. Logan loves playing with your boys!

    ReplyDelete