Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Blog Design

Decided to mess around a bit with the blog design, since it still had a Holiday 2010 theme. The Knight family tends to be surrounded by beige. Our walls are mostly beige in the house, the kids like to eat beige things, and it's an easy color to agree on when making decor choices. This could be due to the fact that we are both the youngest children and can't make our own decisions, or else because Lisa and I wonder if our tastes aren't secretly unacceptable to each other, so we default to the easy choice.

I tend to do these projects things long after Lisa goes to bed. As newlyweds we lived on the main floor of an old house with only a clawfoot tub. After many, many months of baths I finally decided to fabricate a shower curtain assembly and a jury-rigged shower. I chose to do this in the middle of the night. Lisa awoke to take a bath and get Alex and herself off to daycare and work, and was presented by a fully realized shower. I think that morning she had no idea what it was or how to use it, so she didn't actually shower that morning, but she was nice and said it was because she wanted me to have the chance to use the shower first.

So I hope she's okay with this design, as well as with making myself an administrator and a contributor to what has essentially been her blog up to now. Well Babe, If you read this, what do you think? If you hold true to your usual self, you will wonder why I do these things but be nice about it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new design and I am not just saying that to be nice :). It is true that I never know what I am going to wake up to the next day. Sometimes it is just a bunch of new magazine subscriptions but the shower was definitely my favorite. There has to be a way I can get new flooring out of one of the late night projects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I'd like new flooring too! Nice design, Nelson. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete